A simulator for teaching physical assessment, this Blood Pressure Simulator helps resolve the uncertainties common in teaching students to take blood pressure.
- Durable control unit
- Palpable radial pulse
- Simple calibration procedure
- Optional external speaker
This lifelike simulator allows the presetting of values for both systolic and diastolic pressures. Provides an excellent means to practice listening to and distinguishing blood pressure sounds prior to actual clinical experience. It is possible to audibly discern the five Korotkoff phases. Many times when working with a live subject, pressures are difficult to auscultate, making accurate evaluation of student proficiency almost impossible, and undermining the student’s self-confidence. With this realistic unit, the student can find the preset results and the instructor can unfailingly know if the student has performed the procedure accurately. The electronically generated sounds are digitally recorded.
Control Unit Allows Instructor to:
- Select systolic and diastolic settings
- Adjust volume
- Turn ausculatory gap on or off
- Adjust pulse rate
- Easily calibrate unit for use with any sphygmomanometer
- Use normal procedure to place cuff on arm
- Check palpable pulse at the radial site
- Pump cuff
- Pressures are activated at release valve
- Read pressures on sphygmomanometer
- Auscultate Korotkoff sounds with any stethoscope through a speaker in the arm
The ideal way to broadcast blood pressure sounds to an entire classroom. The instructor can instantly change Korotkoff phases to compare audible differences, vary pulse rate and volume, control systolic and diastolic pressures, and demonstrate the phenomenon of auscultatory gap. In addition to group presentations, the arm is included for individual practice. Includes Blood Pressure Simulator (LF01095U) and an Amplifier/Speaker System (LF01189U). For ausculatory blood pressure only. Three-year warranty.